Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Eleven Writing

Prompt: 4) How would the story have been different if Bobby came home but not Alex's Dad? Write the new ending.

Alex was waiting. Waiting and hoping and praying that his dad would come home. “I mean how could he not come home? I had even hung up a banner! He has to come home! That’s it, this is nonsense, he is coming home!” Alex thought to himself. He really hoped that he was coming home and that when NuNu woke up he would be home. He made dinner, he cleaned the dishes, and he put NuNu to sleep. “Come on universe help me out!” Alex thought. After a few minutes past, Alex got worried, he was starting to lose hope and all he could say was “Please come home dad, please.”

Mack was waiting, and waiting, and waiting. He was just staring out the window waiting. He was hoping that Bobby would come home, but just like Alex, he was starting to lose hope. What if Bobby didn't come home? What if I will never see him again, what if he and Dottie wouldn't get to say goodbye? These were all thoughts that were rushing through Mack’s head. He tried to think about other things, but he just couldn't. He couldn't take his mind of of this thing that was weighing him down. It was just so awful to think that Bobby might not come home. 

Waiting, still waiting. Just hoping that Alex’s dad would come home. “It’s my fault. This happened because of me, all because I said that I hated him. None of this would have happened if I didn't say that. Just please dad, please come home. I miss you. I don't hate you, so please.” Alex said to himself. There was still no sign of his dad. “Come on, first my dog runs away, then my dad isn't home yet, come on!” Alex thought as he was biting his nails. He and his mom were so nervous that he might not come home. Alex was starting to gain a little more hope. He started to think that maybe his dad was coming home and the bus was just taking a little longer, or if he was walking, he might have stopped to pet a dog, or even find Radar! For Alex, things were looking up.

“I want Robert! Where is he?” Dottie exclaimed. Mack didn't know what to do. He saw people covered in dust and debris walking down the street to their families. He wasn't sure, but he didn't think that Bobby was walking down the street. Out the window, Mack could see footprints of dust scattered on the street. It was just so hard to imagine that your son is not coming home. He saw a whole clump of people walk onto the street, but he was almost positive that he wasn't coming home.

Alex was, once again, starting to lose hope. Maybe his dad was not coming home. Maybe he was gone. “The last thing I said to him was I hate you, I DON’T hate him. He’s my dad, I love him. What if he can never find out that I wasn’t being serious, it wasn't true.” Alex thought. What if that was it? It was getting late, but Alex refused to go to bed. He had to wait and see if his dad would actually come home.

Mack basically knew that Bobby wouldn't be coming home, but he still had a sprinkle of hope that he might be. He saw a man, who was covered in dust and debris, walking on the same side of the street that Mack’s house was on. He was wiping his eyes clear of dust and started to look around. “His eyes look like I have seen them before. Who is that?” Mack thought to himself. “No, it can't be. Is it? Wait, Bobby?” Bobby sprinted to the door, tears rolling down his face, and he ran up to his father. Now both men were crying. After reuniting, they headed inside. Dottie even remembered who he was. To Mack, everything was perfect.

“AGH, I wanted this day to be perfect, then this happened.” Alex said to himself. Ring ring ring ring. The phone had just gone off, Alex just thought that it would be a salesman or something so he didn’t think much of it. His mom got a worried look across her face, but Alex had not realized. She slowly walked over to the phone, debating with herself if she should pick up the phone or not. She quickly reached for the phone and put it right against her ear immediately. “What happened to him, where is he? Tell me!” She exclaimed. Alex jerked his head to his mother and started listening in on his mother’s conversation. Tears streamed down his mother’s face and she started sobbing. That is when Alex knew that his dad was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment